Questions and answers
03 november 2016, 23:18
I have a ASUS router with firmware ASUSWRT. How to connect a network printer via LPR Line Printer RemoteLPD Line Printer Daemon in Windows operating system
List of tested printers You can watch on the website
Note if you are using models which are not in the list, You may encounter compatibility issues.
Note If the printer is already installed locally on Your computer, right-click the printer icon and select the Properties tab gt Port to add a standard TCPIP port.
Click 'Add port' then select 'Standard TCPIP port' and then click 'New port'. Refer to steps 5-8 installation procedure.
1. Run the add printer wizard in the start menu gt control Panel gt Devices and printers > add printer.
Select Add a local printer and click Next.
3. Select 'Create a new port then set type of port to a Standard TCPIP port'. Then click 'Next'.
In the field 'IP address of the printer', enter the IP address of the wireless router and click Next.
5. Select 'Custom' and click 'settings'.
6. Select the Protocol to the value of 'LPR' and the queue name in the 'LPRServer' .
To continue, click 'Next'.
7. Click Next to complete the configuration of port TCPIP.
8. Install the printer driver from the list of manufacturers.
If the printer is not in the list, hit 'have disk' to specify the location of the driver.
9. Click Next to accept the name of the default printer.
10. The installation is completed.
Click finish to exit the wizard.
Does this document solve your problem
How can we improve this.
Save as PDF
Save as image